Sunday, February 24, 2008

People's March editor released from jail


Dear friends,

I was released from prison today around noon.

I thank the print and mass media in extending their support for my struggle in prison.

I thank the civil and democratic rights organisations, Kerala Working journalists union, Advocates P.A. Paura, Madhusudan in extending legal assistance, Arundhati Roy, Girish Karnad, Maheshwata Devi in exposing my cause.

People's March publication will be resumed as early as possible.

Normally police seize only the hard disks of any computer. In my case they seized the whole C.P.U., Monitor, Key Board, Mouse, Speakers everything. I have to buy everything as the seized items will be returned only after the closure of the case by the court.

Normally police seize only the SIM card. In my case police seized the mobile itself. That means I have to spend money for a computer and mobile.

The owners of the printing press which prints People's March were threatened by police. They refuse to print People's March. These are the problems before the People's March. Even though People's March is a Registered Newspaper registered under the Registrar of Newspapers for India.

Liberal financial assistance is the ned of the hour to resume People's March publication.


P.Govindan kuttyEditor, People's March
peoplesmarch@gmail.com

No comments: